Lavender essential oil
True lavender essential oil – 15 ml
Once you discover the many benefits of essential oils, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them! Commonly used by massage therapists, naturopaths and wellness specialists, essential oils provide beneficial properties for the body, mind and soul and they are a must to incorporate in your well-being ritual. True lavender essential oil can be used in aromatherapy to:
- Help relax
- Help relieve headaches and coughs/colds
- Help relieve muscle pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis and strain
- Help symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
Discover all our essential oils here.
Our true lavender essential oil is ISO 3515 certified. This certification guarantees that the essential oil is natural, 100% pure and has not been adulterated, ensuring its superior quality.
Our essential oil is also certified NPN (natural product number 80065932) by Health Canada which means it has been found to be safe, effective and of high quality.
This product does not contain parabens, sulfate(s), petroleum derivatives, artificial dyes or fragrances. This product is not tested on animals (certified cruelty free).
BL code : 10-HUIE15NPN
Lavender essential oil can be used in a diffuser, during a bath, by steam inhalation or by direct inhalation. Moreover, when diluted, it can be applied behind ears, on the solar plexus, the temples, joints and on sore muscles as well as with a compress.
Directions for dilution of Lavender Essential Oil:
- Mix 1 to 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil with 5 mL (1 tsp) of vegetable oil.
- Mix 3 to 6 drops of oil in a diffuser to create a soothing lavender fragrance.
For Topical Use:
- Relax: Apply diluted oil behind the ears up to 3 times a day and massage for use as a nervine/calmative.
- Coughs/colds: Apply diluted oil to the solar plexus once a day and massage to help relieve coughs/colds.
- Headaches: Apply diluted oil to the temples up to 3 times a day and massage to help relieve headaches.
- Joint/muscle pain: Apply the diluted oil up to 3 times a day and massage to help relieve joint/muscle pain associated with sprains/strain/rheumatoid arthritis.
- Digestive discomfort: Apply diluted essential oil to the abdomen up to 3 times a day and massage for use in aromatherapy as a carminative/ antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort.
For use in aromatherapy as a nervine/calmative, to help relieve coughs/colds/ headaches/joint/muscle pain associated with sprains/strain/ rheumatoid arthritis or as a carminative/antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort:
- Add 2 drops of undilutued essential oil to 500 mL of warm water in a bottle. Mix by shaking the bottle and immediately soak the compress. Squeeze lightly. Apply the compress to the skin and cover with clothes and/or towels. Leave for 2 to 4 hours. Up to 3 times daily. For topical use only.
For Inhalation Use:
For use in aromatherapy as a nervine/calmative, to help relieve coughs/colds/headaches or as a carminative/antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort:
- Bath: Add 2 to 8 drops of undiluted essential oil to the same amount of shampoo or liquid soap before adding it to the bath. Mix the water gently. For maximum benefit, remain in the bath for 10 minutes. Use 2 drops of undiluted essential oil the first time and increase by 1 drop per bath up to a maximum of 8 drops. Use once daily.
- Direct inhalation: Apply 1 to 6 drops of undiluted essential oil to a handkerchief/tissue and inhale occasionally. Up to 3 times daily.
- Steam inhalation: Add 3 to 12 drops of undiluted essential oil to a bowl of steaming water/facial steamer. Inhale slowly and deeply for 5 to 10 minutes. Up to 3 times daily
Adults (18 years and over) Topical/Inhalation: Not for oral use. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil. For occasional use only. Do not use undiluted Lavender Essential Oil for topical application.
Keep out of reach of children. If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Centre. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a healthcare practitioner. If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use. Do not expose the applied area(s) to the sun for 24 to 48 hours after application.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have broken, irritated or sensitive skin, do not use this product. Known adverse reactions: If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache or an allergic reaction, discontinue use. Store at room temperature and away from light. May stain wood.
LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL