Our Lavender Syrup Recipe Revealed
Lavender smells so delightful… and it tastes good too! If you had a chance to savour our delicious lavender lemonade this summer, you know exactly what we’re talking about! Why not make the summer last? Give your favourite drinks and desserts a floral touch with a lavender simple syrup that’s oh so easy to prepare.
Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 2 or 3 bags of Bleu Lavande lavender herbal tea
- 1.7 litres of water
- ½ cup of sugar
Steps to follow:
- Boil water and use it to steep 2 or 3 lavender tea bags (to taste)
- Add a half cup of sugar and mix well
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge until it turns brown
- Remove tea bags once the mixture is fully chilled
Bleu Lavande Lemonade
To make your own version of our famous lavender lemonade, pour a ¼ cup of syrup in a glass and top it with your homemade lemonade (or any store-bought organic lemonade).
- Hard lemonade
Mix in vodka, white rum, or gin
- Virgin lemonade
Mix in sparkling water instead of alcohol
What can you do with the leftover syrup?
Lots! Put it in the fridge in an airtight glass container and it will keep for up to two weeks or use it right away in other recipes!
- Use syrup to poach peaches or pears
- Add a ¼ cup of syrup to fruit salads
- Add some syrup to icing for cakes, scones, or cookies