Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil – 15 ml
A must for your well-being ritual. Peppermint essential oil is used in aromatherapy:
- As nervine/calmative
- To help relieve couch/colds
- As a carminative/antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
- To help relieve joint/muscle pain associated with sprains/strains/rheumatoid arthritis
This product is NPN certified (8008475388). NPN (natural product number) means that this product has been reviewed by Health Canada and found to be safe, effective and of high quality under the recommended conditions of use.
- Discover all our pure essential oils here.
Once you discover the many benefits of essential oils, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them! Commonly used by massage therapists, naturopaths and wellness specialists, essential oils provide beneficial properties for the body, mind and soul.
This essential oil is 100% pure, which means that it has not been mixed with other oils and that its therapeutic virtues have not been altered. This product is not tested on animals (certified cruelty free).
BL code: 10-HUIEMEN15PH
Directions for dilution of essential oil:
- Mix 1 to 5 drops of essential oil with 5 mL (1tsp) of vegetable oil.
- Mix 3 to 6 drops of essential oil in water in a diffuser to create a soothing fragrance.
For topical use:
- Apply diluted peppermint essential oil behing the ears up to 3 times a day and massage for use in aromatherapy as nervine/calmative.
- Apply diluted peppermint essential oil to the solar plexus once a day and massage for use in aromatherapy to help relieve cough/colds.
- Apply diluted peppermint essential oil up to 3 times a day and massage for use in aromatherapy to help relieve joint/muscle pain associated with sprains/strains/rheumatoid arthritis.
- Compress (for use in aromatherapy to help relieve joint/muscle pain associated with sprains/strains/rheumatoid arthritis): Add 2 drops of undiluted peppermint essential oil to 500 mL of warm water in a bottle. Mix by shaking the bottle and immediatly soak the compress. Squeeze lightly. Apply the compress to the skin and cover with clothes and/or towels. Leave for 2 to 4 hours. Up to 3 times a day.
For inhalation use: (for use in aromatherapy of peppermint essential oil as a nervine/calmative or as carminative/antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort, to help relieve cough/colds).
- Bath: Add 2 to 8 drops of undiluted essential oil to the same amount of shampoo or liquid soap before adding it to the bath. Mix the water gently. For maximum benefit, remain in the bath for 10 minutes. use 2 drops of undiluted essential oil the first time and increase by 1 drop per bath up to a maximum of 8 drops. Use once daily.
- Direct inhalation: Apply 1 to 6 drops of undiluted essential oil to a handkerchief/tissue and inhale occasionnaly. Up to 3 times daily.
- Steam inhalation: Add 3 to 12 drops of undiluted essential oil to a bowl of steaming water/facial steamer. Inhale slowly and deeply for 5 to 10 minutes. Up to 3 times daily.
Adults (18 years and over) TOPICAL/INHALATION: Not for oral use. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil. For occasional use only. Do not use undiluted essential oil for topical application.
Keep out of reach of children. If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Centre. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care practitioner. If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Do not expose the applied area(s) to the sun for 24 to 48 hours after application. Contraindications: if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have broken, irritated or sensitive skin, do not use this product. Known adverse reactions: If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache or an allergic reaction, discontinue use.
Child-resistant packaging/containers should be used.
Store in an airtight, light-resistant container at room temperature. May stain wood.
Medicinal Ingredient, each drop (0.05 mL) contains: Peppermint Essential Oil (flowering) 100% (Mentha x piperita).